HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

VIBRATIONS??????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UaniAndGeMini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: VIBRATIONS?????? Reply with quote

when im in 3rd gear between 3000-4000 revs i feel bad vibrations feels like its comming from the diff or the tailshaft only does it in 3rd and a little in 4th but only at those revs any1 got any ideas what this could be ????im guessing the diff????any other ideas??
cheers
UaniAndGeMini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: VIBRATIONS?????? Reply with quote

just took it for a drive it now vibrates in all gears bfopre 4000 rpm after that no vibrations.its got a 2L twincam in it...do i need to upgrade diff or can the standard diff handle it??...just a guess.does any1 know??
cheers
ONLYA4
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VIBRATIONS?????? Reply with quote

check all your bolts. See if any are loose on the tailshaft and crossmember and stuff.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: VIBRATIONS?????? Reply with quote

thats probley why the guy sold it? Is it lowered? might be ya angle of ya toque tube
UaniAndGeMini
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: VIBRATIONS?????? Reply with quote

nah its not lowered and has been running sweet till last night,i gave it a bit of a thrashing last night . and did a small strip so it s probly from that
Poida
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VIBRATIONS?????? Reply with quote

Sounds like something is out of balance...
Has the tailshaft been cut at all? See if you can find any sign of a balance weight missing from tailshart. The weights were only spotwelded on and it isn't hard to knock them off if you bottom out. Check to see the unijoints are all in good shape. A dead uni will cause a vibration. It could also be a worn main bearing in the gearbox.
...or not alligned correctly. A bit of crud on the mounting faces of the engine or gearbox will prevent correct torquing of the bolts. After a while things wear loose and that can cause vibration problems.

That should do for starters.

(The views I present are my own and NOT necessarily of the administrators or other members of this site.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: