HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gold Cruise Cruise
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Cruise Cruise Reply with quote

just thought id add my bit, attendances may also help if the organisers are actually sociable, introduce themselves properly, show an interest, instead of standing in a little group talking about how many cars they just dragged, when i was on the last IMCC cruise i found the atmosphere to be quite snobbish, except for yobbo and a few other blokes (gene not one of them, fuckin snob). there were ppl there who didnt know what to do. a brief and rather pathetic speech before depature just didnt cut it for a car club im afraid. dont get me wrong i enjoyed most of the night. but what i saw was a very un-professional, snobby unit, with no ideas or future plans. now as many of you will know, im not the most organised person in the world, in fact im far from it, so i know when i see disorganisation. from what i heard, meetings are a total waste of time there, as most people dont put in the effort...
when me and matty organise cruises here, we try to talk with people get them involved so they enjoy their time and want to return for the next cruise.
what this country needs is a club that is very friendly, not snobby and open to all gemini owners. from what i hear the official adelaide gemini car club doesnt what to know about ya unless you know the people involved so fuck that for a joke.
well thats all i have to say for now, no offence to anyone or anything was intended by my little speech, so if your still offended after my clarification then get over it!

cheers,
kev
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Gold Cruise Cruise Reply with quote

well said
Scotty G
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Gold Cruise Cruise Reply with quote

bloady oath
Michelle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Gold Cruise Cruise Reply with quote

agreed.......
Shit Gem

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Cruise Cruise Reply with quote

Hey umm why dont you all stop waving your dicks in the air about who has the most cars turn up and who has the biggest cock and shit. I think all that really matters is that people can enjoy the cars and have a good night. 7 or 70 cars it doesnt really materr, and quite frankly i would rather cruise down the coast with a small group of friends and have a good time than go with a bunch of snoby tri hards who think they are masters of the universe coz they were able to get 40 - 50 geminis down the coast.
Scotty G
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Gold Cruise Cruise Reply with quote

geminis only have small headroom, so i wonder how they manage to get their heads in that when they are full of hot air.
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Gold Cruise Cruise Reply with quote

Organising a successful club cruise is very difficult if there are only two people putting effort in. Why should it only be committee members that do all the work and make things happen... why can't ALL members put effort in. Why do I have to do everything?? The people who seem to bagg this club are the ones who don't actually do anything to help at all, yet all they do is complain about it. Why don't you all pull your finger out and help me for once. I may be over-rating myself here, but if it wasn't for me there'd be no fuckin club... so stop giving me shit and start helping!!
Scotty G
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Gold Cruise Cruise Reply with quote

well organise some more meetings so ppl can put input into the club.
CloNe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Gold Cruise Cruise - another aspect Reply with quote

Yeh, i dunno if this argument is still going on, but heres a few things from my mind.
Lets start by saying Im an 18 year old with a semi-show 100% no go gemini, that i enjoy driving and other enjoy seeing. It aint no show car (yet) but it does the job. After finding this page, I started organising a few cruises. I havent had any big turnouts yet, tho that may be because of a lack of gemi interest in perth. Either way.
I've been to cruises with other clubs, not knowing any one and stuff, and some were snobby, others were fairly welcoming, but either way, if you dont know some one, your not gonna be talked to. Here's sum tips to the organisers, btw, its just a veiwpoint, not a guranteed way to satisfy everyone.
Number one, it IS everybodies duty to spread the word of the cruise. none of you can say ' is a dick. He didnt get fuck all ppl.' its not his sole job, its everyones. At the same time, cant say 'Yeh i got 578272835289532 gemi's there im a fucking hero, bow to me bitch.' Hell, i'd be suffering from swelled head syndrome if i got 20+ gemi's, but i wouldnt be gloating, just be smiling largely.
Now, speeches arent too important until your gettin bigger groups. However, 5 cars or 50, the organiser should be walking round, shaking hands with new faces (not their faces, their hands Smile ) and introducing him/herself and other members. If people are getting lost during the cruises, make sure there is a map available online and make sure you take some spares (if u expect 20 cars, take 15.) that way if anyone just rocks up outta the blue, they know what the deal is. If people are still gettin lost, or groups gettin broken up, try doing 5-10km/h BELOW (yes, below) the speed limit. This keeps the group together, as well as allowing other cars to pass and check out each car, rather than been behind, going 'what the hell is going on??'
And finally, at every cruise, let people know what u want to happen, what is happening etc etc. that way u dont need the meetings as much. and also some ideas may only come half way through a cruise.
But hey. Im just an 18 year old whose held 5/6 cruises....... what do I know.

Best of luck to you all.
CloNe from Perth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: